The Nova Group of companies (see below) (Nova, we, our or us) acknowledges its commitment to the Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Act and/or any other applicable privacy code, in relation to the collection, storage, management and disclosure of personal information in the course of conducting its business.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about people we work with or have worked with in the past and information about people who have registered an interest in any of our business activities including recruitment. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It might include the opinions of others about work performance (whether true or not), work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results, peer review, appraisal and other information obtained by us directly or in working with people. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What is sensitive information?
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion in relation to:
· racial or ethnic origin;
· political opinion;
· membership of a political association;
· religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations;
· membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
· sexual preferences or practices;
· criminal record;
· health or disability (at any time);
· expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
It includes personal information collected to provide a health service. Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be collected or disclosed with your consent.
How does Nova collect personal information?
Nova may collect personal information (which may include sensitive information and health information) you provide directly to us over the phone or in person, or by way of forms and other documents or information provided by you to us in person, during an interview, by post, fax, electronically (including via email, social media and other platforms), in response to advertising or online via one of our websites.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties. For example, we may collect personal information about you from past employers or references, or from results of competency or psychometric tests in which you have participated, from clients when we receive feedback on your performance, and from companies we hire to assist us or provide services to you on our behalf, including but not limited to third parties handling information management, customer support enquiries, marketing or recruitment.
Storage and security of personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure security of personal information. Information we collect is used by Nova and third parties agents, contractors or service providers who provide operational services to us or who help provide our services to you, such as online cloud storage and processing, fraud detection and monitoring, marketing optimisation, information technology, telecommunications, market research, customer analysis or tracking, security or other relevant services which requires that entity’s collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data. Information is stored by these services in accordance with their service provision.
How does Nova use your personal information?
We do not sell or trade personal information or allow third parties to use personal information for their own purposes. We will use personal information (except sensitive information, see below) for the following purposes unless otherwise required or permitted by law or by your express consent:
· to enable us to conduct our business generally and to facilitate the provision of employment, recruitment, training, human resource management and other services to you;
· if you are a job-applicant or a potential contractor (with us or our clients) to assess your suitability, to conduct performance appraisals, tests, assessments, workplace rehabilitation, or to identify your training needs, and to assist with administering your employment or contract on an ongoing basis, as necessary;
· to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services we or other companies have available from time to time which might better service your requirements or other opportunities in which you may be interested;
· for our internal management or insurance purposes, to manage our relationship with you, to manage any complaint or investigation in which you are involved and to manage the payment and recovery of amounts payable to us or our related companies by you; and
· for other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with any of the above uses
We will only use sensitive information for the purposes for which it was provided or for a purpose directly related to such purpose, unless you agree otherwise or the use of such sensitive information is required or authorised by law.
If we are unable to collect personal information relating to you, we may be unable to provide you with the services you require, proceed with your application for work placement, or continue our relationship with you.
We may disclose personal information about you to the following types of entities if required in connection with the purposes listed above:
· our clients, potential clients, contractors, consultants, advisers and associates and those of our associated companies;
· if you have provided us with referees or references to assist with a job application, recruitment process or the assessment of a potential contract between you and us or you and one of our clients, those referees or references you have provided;
· any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint made by you about us;
· our insurers;
· any entity included in a transfer of all or part of our assets or businesses; and
· other entities with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We may disclose the kinds of personal information mentioned above to overseas recipients such as associated companies or contractors who provide us with services. These may be located in countries such as the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Norway or Singapore.
Please direct all queries or complaints in relation to your privacy to: The HR Manager, 27-31 London Road, Mile End South SA 5031. (e-mail address: PandC@novagroup.com.au), outlining in the subject heading, your full name and reason for enquiry. The body should include the reason for your enquiry. We will respond to your enquiry in due course.
The Nova Group of companies consists of Nova Aerospace Proprietary Limited ACN 090 818 214, Nova Professional Services Pty Ltd ACN 163 525 077, Nova Systems Consulting Pty Ltd ACN 100 230 457, Nova Defence Pty Ltd ACN 163 511 304, Two10degrees Pty Ltd ACN 008 576 645, GVH Aerospace Pty Ltd ACN 135 996 253, Nova Aerospace Ltd (UK), GVH Aerospace Ltd (UK), Nova Systems (Singapore) PTE LTD, Nova Aerospace AS (Norway), Nova Systems Australia Pty Ltd ACN 613 308 008, Geoplex Pty Ltd ACN 146 227 965, Geoplex Products Pty Ltd ACN 158 702 473, IGS Network Pty Ltd ACN 631 940 120, Nova Systems NZ Limited, Nova Systems & Engineering Pte Ltd, Nova Group Europe Limited, Two10degrees Limited, GVH Aerospace (Ireland) Limited and Nova Systems Design Pty Ltd ACN 646 136 816.